At the first time you come to Hanoi, there are perhaps a lot of questions you want to get answered: Where is the nearest airport by Hanoi Old Quarter? How long from Hanoi Old Quarter to airport? How to get to the Hanoi Old Quarter from the airport? and travel time from Noi Bai Airport to Old Quarter? Spend your 5 minutes reading through this article and you will get all the information you need.
The international airport nearest to the Hanoi Old Quarter is Noi Bai airport. The distance between these two destinations is about 30km and there are many types of vehicles for you to choose to an easy travel between them. The most popular one is Noi Bai Airport Taxi, followed by Grab Noi Bai airport, Noi Bai airport bus and airport shuttle bus.
You can see in the next section the most detailed and up-to-date information about transportation from Noi Bai International Airport taxi from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter.
Taxi from Noi Bai to Hanoi
This is the fastest and most convenient transportation from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter. There are many taxis from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter parked at the airport such as Noi Bai Taxi, Dai Nam, Airport Taxi, Viet Thanh, Mai Linh, Taxi Group.
The popular taxi price from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter ranges from 280,000 to 350,000 VND/way. (However, it is often difficult to take the taxi after 10 p.m).
Grab taxi from Noi Bai to Hanoi
Grab from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter is also an option for you. However, Grab’s taxi fare from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter is quite expensive, ranging from 300,000 to 350,000 VND (excluding waiting charges). And few drivers choose this route, so you will have a little difficulty when booking.
Bus from Noi Bai to Hanoi Old Quarter
There are two types of buses for you to choose:
- Shuttle bus or service van, and
- Public bus.
The shuttle bus from Old Quarter to Hanoi airport and vice versa are those operated by the Airline companies, and will cost you around VND 40,000 (US $2) for one way. You can find three of them at the Noi Bai Airport, consisting of:
- Jetstar Pacific: if your flight with this air company, you can catch its vans depart shortly after the arrival. You can reserve and pay before boarding.
- Vietnam Airlines: from Terminal 1 arrival, the bus leaves every 30 to 40 minutes.
- Vietjet Air: you must book a seat via their official website and catch the bus at Terminal 1.
These shuttle buses will stop around accessible ways to Hanoi Old Quarter.
To directly get to Hanoi Old Quarter from Noi Bai Airport by a public bus, you should take the High Quality No. 86 traveling on the route of Hanoi railway Station – Bo Ho – Noi Bai.
- Ticket price: 30,000 VND / time
- Frequency: 25-30 minutes / trip
- Route: Terminal T1 (Lobby A, B, E floor 1) – Terminal T2 (Gates D1-D2 1st floor) – Vo Nguyen Giap – Nhat Tan Bridge – Au Co – Nghi Tam – Yen Phu – Long Bien – Tran Nhat Duat – Tran Quang Khai – Trang Tien – Le Thanh Tong – Hai Ba Trung – Ngo Quyen – Ly Thuong Kiet – Le Duan – Hanoi Railway Station
Above is all means of transport from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter. Each vehicle has its own advantages and disadvantages. Besides, when you can reach the city center, you can also rent a self-driving car like cars and motorcycles in Hanoi to be more active in traveling.
We hope that the above information will help you answer the question of how to get from Hanoi airport to Old Quarter. Good luck!
See our Airport pickup service